Thursday 4 December 2014

Mapplethorpe studio - work diary

Mapplethorpe studio - work diary:

In today's session we were again in the studio, we were shooting portraits in the style of the American photographer Robert Mapplethorpe. I enjoyed this session as I enjoyed positioning my class mates and having complete control of how I wanted my image to look.  If i could re do this topic I would try to think about some of the more creative Mapplethorpe shoots and try to think of a way to incorporate some of it into my work.
















Above and below are an example of some of the images I produced in my studio Mapplethorpe shoot. I like these images because I like the use of black and white as well as the composition. I like the picture above because I like the way that Lauren is looking over her shoulder in to the camera. I also like how there is nothing else around her and you can't see her whole body. I like the picture below because I like how the photo was taken while Chloe wasn't looking. I like how this photo seems less serious that the one above and I think they both demonstrate Mapplethorpe's style.

















Below are two examples of Mapplethorpe's portraits, I have chosen these because they are both completely different. The first one in more serious has there has been a strong use of composition. I also like how the model is not looking at the camera which gives a deeper meaning to the photo. I like the second picture because I think it is a more relaxed and fun picture. I also like how the model is not in the middle of the frame and is in the end, he is hear proving that you don't always need to be in the middle of the frame.






No comments:

Post a Comment