Tuesday 9 December 2014

contrast location 1 - work diary

Contrast location - work diary:

In this session we were shooting contrast while on location. I enjoyed this topic as i found it easy to find different contrasts while walking around campus. I found myself taking a large number of images as well as having a variety of different contrasts. I also found myself thinking of more original contrasts meaning that i didn't find myself getting bored. I wouldn't re do this topic as i was happy with the work that i had produced, and found that i had enough without needing to re shoot. I think that in this session some of my best images were produced as i found my self coming up with original ideas as well as ideas that fit the topic. 


These two pictures are two of my examples of contrast. The picture above is showing a contrast in the sky that was completely natural. I think that this is one of my best pictures for showing contrast because it is completely different to any of the other pictures that i had taken. I also like how natural the contrast is and that the picture has been left without to much editing. The picture below is a more common contrast as it is a contrast between the colour of two sets of bricks. I have chosen to include this picture because i think that it shows that although it is a common contrast it is still a very clear and one of my best ways of showing contrast in photography. It also shows how simple a contrast can be and doesn't have to be over complicated.




In these two images contrast is being shown. I have chosen the first image because of the similarity between it and  my image of the sky. I have included this to show what I based my idea off of. I have also included this to show how its a natural occurrence as its not something that i have thought of my self. i have also chosen this picture to show that contrasts don't always rely on a personal touch as well as something growing, in the case i was lucky to take my picture when i did as i would not always be able to find a sky like that. I have chosen the picture below because it shows how clear a contrast can be even if it is not natural. This is clear as you can tell that someone has placed the shoes on the grass. In this image the contrast can clearly be the difference in the colours as well as the idea of something man made being placed on a natural setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment