Saturday 11 October 2014

Photographer 3 - Paul Scharff

Photographer - Paul Scharff

Paul Scharff is a natural photographer who has been captivated by nature and light for his whole life. Scharff has always looked at things in a non traditional way, often identifying the more smaller and often seen as insignificant details of things. The way that Scharff Photographs is seen as original and is able to give images a completely different perspective.


I chose this photo because of the texture. I think that this picture shows the simplicity of the scene as well as giving it a twist. the way that light is used in this photo helps to show the natural aspect of the waves. I like that Scharff has decide to keep the image empty and just focuses on the texture of the waves.


i have chosen this photo because of the way that Scharff has focused on one side of the flower to give a closer look into the petals. I also like the way that colour has been used in this photo show that it stands out more than the background which has been left on its own to form around the flower.



I like the way that the flowers have been focused on and the way that the background has been edited to be black and white. I think that Scharff has been able to keep the simplicity of this image and kept it looking natural.


I have chosen this photo because of the way that Scharff has been able to show the natural texture of the tree trunk. I like the way that Scharff has kept this simple and has been able to complete the focus just on the texture of the trunk.

I personally think that Scharff's work is influential as I have liked to see the way that he has been able to keep things looking natural as well as being able to use multiple formal elements in his photos. In my own work I will use some of the ways that Scharff has uses nature and the formal elements to make original looking photos.

The way that Scharff shows nature in his photographs has inspired me to shoot nature differently in some of my images. He has made me want to keep some of my nature shoots as simple and unedited as possible, I think that his photography has shown me that sometimes simplicity is more effective.


To summarise I like this photographer as I like the simplicity of the photos and I think it would be a simple but effective thing to bring into my photography.

I have used Scharff as a influence to my work by using the idea of including more than one element in a photo. i think that by using Scharff as a influence i have been able to show how diverse images can be and show how they don't just confirm to one element. The image below shows texture as well as colour in a different way that is usually thought to be used. i think that by using more than on element in a Image i have been able to show how many different forms of each element their can be and how you don't always have to stick to the stereotypical forms that are usually used.




No comments:

Post a Comment