Sunday 28 September 2014

Photographer 2 - Francois - Xavier Marciat

Photographer 2 -Francois-Xavier Marciat:

Francois- Xavier Marciat is a landscape photographer. I have chosen his work as I like the style that he takes his landscapes in. I like the way that he uses tone in his photographs as it makes parts of his photos have a clearer outline than others. I also think that his photos are original.

I like this photo because I like the way the tone is used to give the picture a completely different perspective. The use of tone completely changes the mood of the photo to me. I find that you cant completely tell how the weather is or whether its a positive atmosphere. I like this because it shows that its not information that we need to know for this picture. The use of tone in this image helps to emphasis the lines in the beach huts and the car. It makes them standout as well as be effective for giving the objects character.


I like this picture because of the way that the tone is used to show depth. In his photo depth is clearly shown however you can't exactly see where its leading to. The use of depth he is shown through the angle the photo is taken, by choosing to take the photo from low down you can see clearly the pathway that is going to be walked along. This helps to suggest that journey is also being shown in this image.  i also like the angle that this photo us taken from as I think it helps to see the picture differently.


 I like this picture because of how close the photographer was able to get to the scene. I also like the way that tone was again used to help you to see it differently. The tone helps to focus on the animals in the photo without them being lost into a pool of colour. However I'm not excited by this picture as nothing really stands out to me as I find it quite boring.


I like the way that tone is used in this picture to show the way the clouds have cleared in that one space to let the light through. this is one of my favourite pictures as I think it stands out, yet is not overpowering to look at. I also like the way that depth is used it this picture as I think that its quite a creative way to use it. The angle this photo is taken is from looking up, this gives the direction for your eyes to look up and look into the light. This angle is a different angle to show depth but is just as effective.

I will try to use the way that Marciat uses tone in some of my pictures as I think that it can be quiet affective in creating a different mood in a photo. I would also try to use tone and depth together like he does as I think that it creates a interesting sight in the photo.


 To summarise the way that Marciat uses tone has made me want to be more creative with the images that i choose to show tone in. He has also made me want to use it so that i can allow a photo to show a certain mood.

Marciat's use of tone has been an influence of mine when shooting tone. I like the way that he incorporates some natural light in the image to help the black and white fit into the Image better. I have used him as a influence by trying to include some natural light into the natural setting to keep the realistic feel to the image. i think that this has been achieved in the image below as i have been able to bring some natural light into my image by deciding to shoot the image facing a window. Marciat's work has been a influence of mine for the topic of tone as i have tried to use his style of having a aspect of light and an aspect of dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment